Thursday, May 16, 2013

Two weeks in.

So I have made it 2 weeks without so much as a puff from a cigarette. It is going fairly well. It was a really stressful week at work, but I managed to survive on nicotine replacements. I am pretty stoked about that. The hunger thing doesn't seem to be that much of an issue. I don't feel as if I have gained any weight really. That was always my biggest fear. I would hate to gain weight after I all I have done to lose it.

Sometimes my depression gets a hold on me. It is something I have always battled. I think that has more to do with my money situation. It is so hard to consistently push yourself to do your job 100% all the time when you are payed so little. It can be so demoralizing  But, I know that I am on the right track to making my life better. Slowly but surely. I just cant tell if I am stalling in my journey, or if my depression is holding me back from seeing the success I have had. All I can do is keep moving forward. It is all you can do. The other option is giving up and I dont think my heart could handle anymore disappointment.

This whole journey into healthier living is a long and arduous one but I know it will pay off eventually.

It better!

4 comments:

Matt Gaskin said...

It is getting better, and it will continue to. Stay strong my sistah!

Anonymous said...

On the bright side: imagine all the money you will save once you have completely quit nicotene!

Anonymous said...

On the bright side: imagine all the money you will save once you have completely quit nicotene!

karen said...

Kenny, you are the embodiment of inspiration. One day the money will follow your light!!!!