Friday, November 1, 2013

Long time...

So today is the official date that has been six months since I smoked my last cigarette. Now before you go cheering me on, and whatever, I must make things clear. I have not been nicotine free for six months. I was using gum until September. And when I am out a bar and everyone was smoking, I had an e-cig as a back up plan.

Some people consider that cheating. Ok. Thats fine by me. People cheat all the time. It is my turn, heffer.

But the simple fact remains that I have not cheated and smoked a single cigarette in 6 MONTHS!

Now if we can all hop in the way back machine, when I started this blog I was at 420 pounds and unemployed. So I decided to turn my life around one step at a time.

This September, I threw my back out at work. It was one of the weirdest experiences of my life. So I found myself on disability. So I was sitting on my ass for weeks trying to get better. Workmans Comp only paid me 60% of my actual pay that already wasn't enough to pay my bills. And to top it all off, during one of my doctors visits I weighed in at 311. I was devastated. I had worked so hard to get below 300. I was down to 274. But what can you do.

So I took stock in what I was eating and drinking. I wasn't burning the same amount of calories. I had to adjust. My last weigh in at my last doctors visit was 307.4. So getting back on track with that. And I know that in the long run, it will be worth it. Quitting smoking is the hardest thing I have ever had to do. Its harder than losing weight. But even through all that stress, I rose above the madness and told myself, you are worth more then you have right now, but you need to earn it. I am now officially cleared to go walking and do light yoga. which I am going to go do right now.

In my time on disability, I started applying everywhere and it was arduous. So many questionnaires to fill out and personality tests and on a scale of 1 to 7 and which statement is more true about you and craigslist scams and pyramid schemes and AHHHHHHHHH! But I ended up getting hired by a temping agency and I got a job with Child's Fund. It starts at a higher rate of pay and I am guaranteed 40 hours a week! The job has an ability to be temp to permanent and if that happens I will receive much more money. And now my weekends are free to teach winterguards again. I am so happy! Just got to drop these extra pounds!






1 comment:

karen said...

xoxo cheers, Kenny!!!!!!