Friday, November 2, 2012

This makes me feel better.

The battle for getting control over my health and nutrition is a long fought and emotional battle. Every day you are surrounded by people who are eating whatever they want. They can stop at a fast food joint, pay 5 dollars for a whole meal, and they will not be judged for it whatsoever. Conversely, fat people are judged as unhealthy no matter what they are eating. Pity is felt for the fatty who is eating the right thing, but it is their own fault for letting it get that bad. Right? I mean, it is nobody elses. No one made them eat all that food.

The fact that a single cucumber costs one dollar and that same dollar can get you a mcdouble. The convenience that thinner people enjoy is a thing of the past. I have had to come to terms with the fact that I cannot eat out with friends. I have to plan out what I am going to eat. It is a lot of repetitive foods but it is the only way for me to stay consistent. It is really a struggle to constantly say no to others and also to myself. At a local restaraunt, their salad is 1200 calories. Are you fricking kidding me? Thats over half of my calories for the day. FOR A SALAD!

Add to that the headaches that are plaguing me since starting this eating method. It is unreal how hard it can be to do this consistently. How do I find the motivation to keep doing what I am doing?

I have lost 8 pounds in 2 weeks.

period.

You have to trust yourself and trust the method. You have to put faith in the fact that you are doing the right thing. You can't live other people's lives. You can only live yours. My brain has been rewired to crave things it doesn't need. I have to keep fighting to change it back to its natural wants and needs. It is very challenging.

But doing it 8 pounds lighter helps.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've always thought it was unfair that our society can look at someone overweight eating a burger and someone of 'normal' weight eating a burger and go, "Look how unhealthy that fat person is!" When in reality BOTH parties are eating poorly in that moment. Sadly, once you start to pay attention to what you're eating you soon realize that there isn't a single low-cal dinning-out option and that it's always best just to eat at home. I'm trying to get on the more salad, less brownie train myself. P.S. I've put a link on my blog to yours. :)