Tuesday, April 30, 2013

cessation station

So, the time has come for me to step up my game once again. I have gotten a firm hold on eating good food. I have kept the weight off. I have stalled on the gym front, but I was crazy busy with work and teaching. So what does this next phase entail? quitting smoking.
Ugh...
To say that I am terrified is a gross understatement. I have been a smoker since 1996. It is such a huge part of me. But so was being obese. And I didn't lose any part of me with the 200+ pounds left me. I finally landed a role in a professional theater production this summer. As in, I am being paid. ROCK! However, the part is crazy high and I am going to need to kick this habit to make it through.

As a person who has made tremendous improvements in my weight management, it can be quite scary at the thought of eating to suppress my nic fits. However, I am not doing this cold turkey. I am transitioning to electronic cigarettes. Save me from you complaints about this. I am doing this my way.

It is now 12:02 am . It is officially May 1st. My quit date.

oy.

I can do this.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You got it bro... I was a 2+ pack a day smoker for 20 yrs until 6 mos ago...now I'm smoke & nicotine free...The E cig was the the only thing that ever helped get me there...Best of luck to you bud
- Baughan

Anonymous said...

You can do it!!! My roomie recently quit the same way. Now she's only on the e-cig and has even stopped using that as much! Love you Boom POW!! -Katie