Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Eat Me.

So I have decided to have a mental reboot of sorts. I feel like I have gotten distracted from my nutrition goals. I just bought a book called Eat To Live by Joel Fuhrman, M.D. I am working my way through the first chapter. I seem to agree with a lot of the things he is saying. I have been eating as much whole natural foods as I can. Long time readers of my blog know that about me. So its a lot of the things that I had come to know from my own experience. But it does sound better when it comes from a fancy doctor type! However, he sounds like such a douche!

 I understand the severity of the obesity epidemic in this country. More so than a lot of people. I AM the obesity epidemic. I have worked very diligently towards a better life for myself. We need a wake up call. The fact that Michelle Obama is demonized for trying to get our kids to have proper food served to them is so gross. The urgency is not lost on me.

But you can't get people on your side if you resort to shock and awe bombastery. I feel like the entire introduction sounds like Fox News doom coverage. If I were to paraphrase what he is saying versus how it feels it would go a little something like this, HIT IT:

Hey fatty fat fat. Im Skinny McSmarterthanyou. I hope you enjoy your fatty foods and fat drinks because you are on a super wide fat train to Deathtown. Poulation: everyone. You are all fatties and and should be ashamed of your fat faces. You are all dumb fat puppets on the fat teet of Big Fat and your eyes are to swollen with fat to see it. You are dying from fatness, Fat Man, and you should keep reading this book to be awesome like me. If you can even get your fat sausage fingers to turn my slim, amazing, omniscient pages. fat.

You get the drift. Hopefully this book will get more into the info and less on the fat shaming. We shall see.



1 comment:

RimaJoy said...

I have a very hard time getting inspired by that type of rhetoric! I hope you can take away the good message and keep being fabulous. And writing about it.