Monday, September 10, 2012

BRRAAAAIINNNSSSS!

So I have been on a netflix tear as of late. Late summer shows only cover a couple of nights for me. To fill my time of required television viewing, I have been watching zombie movies. What can I say, I love me some zombies. Always have. Then it hit me. I am a zombie!

Well, sometimes...

When you get into a rut in your fitness and nutrition routine, it can make you feel like a slow moving, constantly hungry, mindless beast. Just a shell of your former self, shuffling through life looking for sustenance.

Today was one of those days. I went for my morning run. Had two wholly unsatisfying meals. As a rummage through the doomed town that is my cupboard, I am a soulless ghoul. Lethargically pushing around cans of food looking for the sweet, sweet marrow of salty sweet goodness. All the apples in the world are not going to curb my post-apocalyptic craving. Must have bbrrrrrreeeeaaadddd!

Luckily I am not a zombie. I am a grown ass man who can make decisions that are appropriate. I will rise from the dead to fight another day. This day was just particularly hard.

2 comments:

karen said...

You are amazing!!!!!

Alanda said...

ha! keep fighting the good fight!